[ubuntu-za] [GLUG-tech] 4gb RAM lucid 64 reboot loop issue

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Wed May 26 14:22:05 BST 2010

Hi All,

You need to install Physical Address Extension (PAE) aware kernel under 32 bit Ubuntu Linux

64 bit Linux kernel will take care of 4G or more memory. Just grab latest 64 bit version and install it.

look at http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-linux-4gb-ram-limitation-solution/

although it is for 8.10, I think it is still valid

William