[ubuntu-za] GPG error when updating

Stefano Rivera ubuntu-za at rivera.za.net
Tue May 25 10:29:44 BST 2010

Hi John (2010.05.25_09:29:18_+0200)
> This does happen from time to time but most of the time it seems to sort
> itself out on it's own! Sometimes I just change servers and problem is
> solved. I normally use the main server but when I have this issue change
> to SAIX server and it resolves the issue! A few days later I will revert
> to the "main server" and the problem is sorted!

In this case, changing server won't help at all. ppa.launchpad.net isn't
one of the local mirrors, it's Launchpad's PPAs.

Michael's instructions are the solution for *this* problem.

When you see that error with an Ubuntu Archive mirror then it's just a
mirror that has a bad sync. Wait a few hours and try again.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/