[ubuntu-za] Win4Lin

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue May 25 09:53:22 BST 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010 09:59:42 +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> I wanted to run a Windows package on an Ubuntu server and was
> considering either Virtual Box or Win4Lin, when I came accross the
> following:
>
> http://win4lin.com/wp/
>
> Anybody knows what the current status of Win4Lin is?

Win4Lin was basically a commercial packaged version of Qemu, and I think
since VirtualBox arrived Win4Lin probably died out because it couldn't
compete.

I don't know about running a GUI-less VirtualBox, mostly because I haven't
done it before, but that's probably a good option.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za