[ubuntu-za] No sound

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:02:26 BST 2010

> May 20 11:01:31 Lucy pulseaudio[1264]: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to
> write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!
> May 20 11:01:31 Lucy pulseaudio[1264]: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this
> is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_hda_intel'. Please report this issue
> to the ALSA developers.

This could very well be the bug I just posted

> May 20 11:04:50 Lucy pulseaudio[3659]: alsa-util.c: Disabling
> timer-based scheduling because high-resolution timers are not
> available from the kernel.

All this means is that your kernel does not support high-res timers, which
is fine as it is in the default Ubuntu kernel. For interest, Ubuntu
Studio<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Studio#Real-Time_Kernel>uses
a real-time low-latency kernel, which you need for live signal
processing, like when you do music production for example. Not related to
your issue.

> May 20 11:04:51 Lucy kernel: [27299.424879] hub 5-2:1.0:
> connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled

This is a USB related message, not related to your issue.