[ubuntu-za] Enable automatic upgrades

Michael Gorven michael at gorven.za.net
Thu May 13 11:25:22 BST 2010

https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/automatic-updates.html

> Are the different levels at which one can perform automatic updates?
> e.g. security updates or a safe-upgrade?  (Obviously not an automatic
> release upgrade, that would be #%@$!)

Automatic release upgrades aren't even possible. You can select which
repositories to automatically upgrade from, so you can only enable -security.
I think it's done with a full-upgrade though, which is necessary in order to
install new packages (like new kernels).

Michael

--
http://michael.gorven.za.net
PGP Key ID 1E016BE8