[ubuntu-za] Dictionaries

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Tue May 4 13:53:17 BST 2010

(Sticking with top posting or this will get really confused!)

Now here's the thing. I dug around and found that standard.dic is in
.openoffice/3/user/wordbook. So I renamed it to standard3.dic and
copied standard.dic from my backup of my whole /home directory. It
works. (Aren't I glad that I saved the whole directory?)

But the strange thing is that I have now suddenly been given the
choice of adding words to Bill.dic as well as standard.dic. (I created
this dictionary in the OO options - language settings - writing aids).

As so often happens when one deals with pixies, I don't know what I
did right, but I am glad i did it.

Bill