[ubuntu-za] Install of 10.04

Tim Johnson tim at pteq.net
Mon May 3 20:24:08 BST 2010

On Mon, 03 May 2010 19:44:38 +0200, Bill Cairns <cairnsww at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at pteq.net> wrote:
>
>> If you don't like the Min Max Close controls on the left, check the
>> forum
>> for simple ways to change them back.  I've installed the bisigi themes
>> (http://www.webupd8.org/2010/04/bisigi-ubuntu-1004-lucid-themes-move-to.html)
>> and that changes them back to the right as default.
>
> Thanks Tim. Yes, I read about moving the little twits back to the
> right, but why bother? It is not that I dislike them on the left, it's
> just that I have become used to them being on the right. And there is
> way little point in standing out being different unless there is an
> ethical principle involved - and I spend enough time there anyway
> being far way out different!

I've been using them for about a month and have grown quite accustomed to
the new configuration.  When I installed the Bisigi themes yesterday, my
wife (a very basic user) complained that they had moved back to the
right.  One can't win.

The move has been the subject of considerable discussion in the Ubuntu
community, with Mark Shuttleworth personally making the final decision.
There are apparently some big new ideas for the right side (See the
Webupd8 site for breaking news and some interesting concepts).

Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows does mean that there are the occasional
wrong mouse movements, but that is certainly not a deal-breaker for 10.04.