[ubuntu-za] Logon screen problems

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Mon Mar 8 15:57:51 GMT 2010

Wesley Werner wrote:
> Im all out of ideas on this one David, perhaps as you said, upgrading
> again. Maybe since starting virtual box as a session, it left some
> service or a config that's conflicting with gnome sessions? Try the
> virtual box support page as well.
>
> On 3/8/10, David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) <ethnopunk at telkomsa.net> wrote:

<snip>

Hi Wez,

Well serious ninjas around in KDM world. I totally removed GDM-2.0 and
it now reboots straight into KDM mode and then my Gnome session, with
only a couple of applets having problems joining the top gnome panel. :)

Now to see if I can purge the GDM conf files, because I tried upgrading
and straight back to same old problem.

It's probably some config file somewhere that is hosed.

Off to my Anti-Nuclear Meeting,

Ta

David.