[ubuntu-za] access to mysql

Darrel darrel at celebrationsfs.co.za
Sat Jun 26 11:15:06 BST 2010

I have loaded a LAMP server ,phpmyadmin and My sql navigator onto my PC
running Ubuntu 10.04.

Running "phpinfo()" in my www folder confirms that the lamp server is
working.

My problem is that I cannot access Mysql using phpmyadmin:

Error: #1045 Cannot log into the My sql server.
Error: Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration
failed.

Documentation suggests that I create a "config.inc.php" file,I have no
idea where I should load this file.
I have found this file at:
/etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/setup/frames/config.inc.php
/var/lib/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
I have also found "config.sample.inc.php
I am not certain wether "blowfish" is used at all.

Security is of no concern as I only plan to use this on my "local"
Apache server,even better if I do not need a password at all.
I am also not certain what username to use (root?)

Here's hoping that someone with some patience will spend time to help
out this noob.

Darrel Letley