[ubuntu-za] Nautilus Desktop frozen

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Sun Jan 31 20:07:52 GMT 2010

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Something quite odd going on. I was running a vm with Virtualbox and
> then started a browser, which in all likelihood took up too much memory.
> The desktop froze. Couldn't open a terminal, so opened a console and tried
>
> nautilus -q
>
> Guess I should have tried sudo killall nautilus.
>
> Anyway, now when I restarted, the desktop is live for a while and then dies.
>
> I've tried restarting it a few times but same problem. Also rebooted in
> recovery mode, same thing.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
>
> DRL

This is what I get in the terminal when I try to restart nautilus

nautilus
/home/afrodeity/.gtkrc-2.0:2: error: scanner: unterminated string
constant - e.g. `style'

(nautilus:5724): Eel-CRITICAL **: eel_preferences_get_boolean: assertion
`preferences_is_initialized ()' failed

** (nautilus:5724): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal
'UploadFinished'

** (nautilus:5724): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal
'DownloadFinished'

** (nautilus:5724): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal
'ShareCreateError'
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension
Initializing nautilus-image-converter extension
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension