[ubuntu-za] Database Problems - Installing PostgreSQL

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:07:06 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 14:00, Ian Whitfield
<whitfield at federalsaints.net> wrote:
> It's ALL hard for a newcomer - just trying to get results!! I have been
> at this for almost two months and have yet to get anything working!! No
> wonder users don't 'like' Linux, I could do this in a couple of hours
> in Windows!!

Well, I could do it in no time at all in Linux - that doesn't mean
anything.  This is just an indication of our personal skill with those
particular platform.  If you're going to compare the two, you need to
see how quickly it will take a complete beginner with no
preconceptions about either platform to get up and running.

Think how long it took you to learn how to do stuff in Windows - you
have to follow the same path with Linux now.  However, this time, you
can take into account the fact that we are all here ready to help you
along the way.