[ubuntu-za] Designing a GUI front end for PostgreSQL

Johan Mynhardt johanmynhardt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 05:30:23 GMT 2010

On 26/01/2010 19:00, wayne wrote:
> I would install:
> sudo aptitude install mysql-server mysql-client phpmyadmin
>
> this will install, everything including apache2 for web access, it'll
> also ask for mysql passwd etc.

It happened to me before that I did not get to set the MySQL root
password...
In the case that you missed the MySQL setup part where the root user's
password is set, you can reconfigure MySQL by issuing the following command:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.0

# NOTE: Check for the installed version before issuing the command.
#  You will have the chance to change the setup of your MySQL server.