[ubuntu-za] Designing a GUI front end for PostgreSQL

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Tue Jan 26 15:12:00 GMT 2010

Hi Ian,

I don't know how good this is, but look at PHP-GTK : http://gtk.php.net/

William
From: ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Ian Whitfield [whitfield at federalsaints.net]
Sent: 26 January 2010 16:32
To: ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: [ubuntu-za] Designing a GUI front end for PostgreSQL

Hi all

Seen as I'm having trouble getting PostgreSQL up and running I decided
to 'jump ahead' and look at the next steps in my "Journey"!!

I'm comfortable with setting-up my database (once I get it working) then
the next step is to design a GUI front end
(or form) to work with the Database. For this PHP has been suggested.

So I got into various PHP tutorials and again I'm comfortable with this.
Many aspects of it are close to programming languages I used years ago.
However all the tutorials teach you about command line use only or Web
based use.

There is mention that you can develop GUI front ends but I can't find a
tutorial for this. If I search for GUI front ends I just get pre-written
Admin ones.

What can you recommend to me to be able to learn how to write my own
front end or better still a GUI design program to do this?

Thanks

Ian