[ubuntu-za] An Alternative Server to SAMBA Server

Nick Michael(PtaISP) nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Fri Jan 22 06:32:58 GMT 2010

Hi Sudashen,

I met you a year ago at the Launch Party for the Ubuntu Linux two
versions ago at Irene in PTA.

At that time you mentioned there was another server that could be used
as an alternative to SAMBA at that time it was too expensive to download
it on my 500MB Vodacom CAP

Today i have iBurst and enough bandwidth

Please could you let me know what that program was called and if
possible a link to it

Currently i am using a Windows2003 Server running as a VM in my Linux as
I have failed so many times to get SAMBA to work
It does not work as a file server on Ubuntu or even OpenSUSE Linux

kind regards
Nick