[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu world cup logo

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:48:26 GMT 2010

> Personally I don't think it's wise to alter ubuntu's logo. Rather use the
> original logo in a design. ie. Have a soccer ball with the logo printed on
> to it. Or have the logo on a player shirt.
>
> That's just my opinion and understanding of branding.

Hmmm you're right. Their trademark
policy<http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy>on logo usage
guidelines say that any colour changes must stick to the
official colours. Okay back to square one. A soccer ball with the flag
colors is an idea.

Maybe a stupid question, but just in case I don't see the obvious... The
wiki only accepts image file uploads, I'd like to upload the xcf (GIMP
Image) and link it on the wiki page for anyone else wanting to play around
with it. Anyone suggest a free file host that is okay to use?