[ubuntu-za] Cloneing

SecretCode secretcode343 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:09:57 GMT 2010

Juan wrote:
> Was wondering if there was a app in ubuntu 9.10 that
> will clone my harddrive to write to dvd or external drive
> for restoreing purpases.
> Thax
> Juan
Clonezilla is the thing. It's not actually in Ubuntu or the repositories
- you should download it directly. The reason for this is that you can't
clone a drive while files are in use on it, so you pretty much have to
boot from a live CD.

There's a clonezilla live CD available from the clonezilla site, or you
can get the PartedMagic live CD which I find is great.

There are some good tutorials on clonezilla around the web.