[ubuntu-za] ISO image

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Fri Jan 8 12:18:55 GMT 2010

Corrie Strydom wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Juan Koegelenberg
> <juank at vodamail.co.za <mailto:juank at vodamail.co.za>> wrote:
>
>     Hey
>     How can I make a ISO image of my 9.10CD.
>     tried brasero and dd if=/dev/cdrom of=ubunt-9.10.iso
>     brasero gives recurring file error and dd... makes a 79meg file
>
>     Thax
>     Juan
>

>     --
>

> some more, http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-6509.html
>
> Corrie
If you get a lot of I/O Errors use ddrescue from
http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html , NOT the one in the
repo's as they are not the same. To use it run ddrescue /dev/scd0
image.iso logfile.log .If you use a log you will be able to stop it and
continue later. It has a lot of options and there's not much it won't copy.

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.