[ubuntu-za] Changing filesystems

Josh Brodrick josholikestofly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:06:53 GMT 2010

Hi All

Sorry if this is a bit of a random question, but does anyone know a way i
can change  my filesystem from ext4 to ext2 (yip go backwards :). The reason
im asking is i have a netbook with ubuntu NBR installed but with ext4. The
netbook has a solid state drive (SSD) installed and since my original
install have been made aware that i should rather have used ext2 (non
journalling FS) to reduce wear on my SSD.

Is there anyway i can convert to ext2 without having to do a fresh
install...and is it worth it??
Otherwise can i turn journalling of ext4?

Thanks, cheers

Josh