[ubuntu-za] Line feed on terminals

Neil Muller neil at dip.sun.ac.za
Thu Feb 25 22:18:04 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:12:11PM +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> Is there something I can call from rc.local that would change the
> behaviour of a virtual terminal (similar to that once someone has logged
> in)?  I've looked at the setterm man page, but couldn't find anything
> there.

You're looking for stty, specifically "stty sane" [1].

Personally, though, I'd be firing soemthing like this off on it's own
virtual console using openvt, which should remove any need for fiddling
with the tty settings.

[1] For values of specifically which ignore the numerous other ways of
accomplishing the same effect with stty.

Neil Muller  email: neil at dip.sun.ac.za

Division Applied Mathematics, Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Stellenbosch