[ubuntu-za] Linux Introduction for Kids: Volunteers?

Marco Gallotta marco at gallotta.co.za
Tue Feb 23 10:46:15 GMT 2010

Hey all

We are looking for someone to give a Linux demo this Friday at 14:30
at UCT to about 50 young kids. Read below for details.

We are giving a Python course to grade 7-10 learners at UCT this
weekend. We also offered an optional introduction to Linux for those
who are able to arrive early. We are now receiving far more interest
in this introduction than we had anticipated: 13 of 18 are attending
so far (invitations were sent late last night), and we expect 75 to
respond before the weekend which puts us at an expected number of 54
attending the Linux intro.

Is there anyone that is experienced at giving Linux demos out there
that is able to give this intro? We were going to run it ourselves,
but this large number screams "we must do it properly!" The 75 have
been screened from a group of 200 applicants who were mostly very
eager to attend, so this group has high potential. They are also
spread across very many schools.

The intro has been scheduled at 14:30-15:45 in The Shuttleworth Lab at
UCT. Please let me know if you would be interested in assisting us.
This is a great opportunity to spread the word.

Marco

--
Marco Gallotta
MSc Student