[ubuntu-za] Windows Tax Refund was Re: Are there any problems running Ubuntu on a Intel Quad ?

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:55:10 GMT 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:27:34 +0200, Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Hannes Coetzee
> <scorpking at scorpking.za.org> wrote:
>> On 16/02/2010 21:07, Gary van der Merwe wrote:

>>> Do you have evidence of this? You make it sound like a fact.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>> Out of the 6 Linux PC's we sold last month only one is still running
>> Linux (Samba server). I think the only reason it's not been installed
>> with Windows is the fact that there's no mouse, keyboard or monitor on
>> it so people don't see the OS.
>>

> "It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
> than
> when there's not" -- Bill Gates
>
> So if you know piracy is likely and you want to do you good deed for
> the day, slip in a CD with the Windows version of OO, Firefox, Gimp
> etc.

On a similar note Steve Jobs admitted in 2007 that the average iTunes user
had only bought an average of 22 songs. The ironic part here is that these
two companies who are spending the most effort on DRM are the ones who are
probably making the most profit from piracy. Go figure...

--
Helge Reikeras
http://www.google.com/profiles/helge.reikeras