[ubuntu-za] Windows Tax Refund was Re: Are there any problems running Ubuntu on a Intel Quad ?

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Wed Feb 17 06:36:27 GMT 2010

On 16/02/2010 21:07, Gary van der Merwe wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Tim De Lange<timdelange at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>   One sad statistic is that
>> for every 10 machines preloaded with Linux, 9 will get reinstalled
>> with a pirate copy of windows.
>>
> Do you have evidence of this? You make it sound like a fact.
>
> Gary

Out of the 6 Linux PC's we sold last month only one is still running
Linux (Samba server). I think the only reason it's not been installed
with Windows is the fact that there's no mouse, keyboard or monitor on
it so people don't see the OS.

Hannes

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.