[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 9.10 Help

Juan juank at vodamail.co.za
Mon Feb 15 15:54:24 GMT 2010

  Hi Anton
  I too use huawei not the same model but no the less modem.
  I am with vodacom and downloaded betavine, just google it.
  That will help and you can monitor you useage too. Upgrade too
  and get the new modem switch driver.
  Cheers
  Juan

  Hello,

   I have always used Huawei broadband modems to connect to the internet on
  > previous Ubuntu's that I used, no problem what so ever.
  >
  > So I installed Ubuntu 9.10 the other day, it picked up my modem I
  > connected to the internet it shows that I am connected to the internet,
  > but actually I am not. I  use a Huawei E156G modem.  Can you please help
  > me with this?
  >
  > Sorry for the bother, but I am desperate to get Ubuntu 9.10 up and
  > running correctly so that I can get rid of windows for good. I could not
  > find any other logical help online for the problem that I experience.

  Regards
  Anton