[ubuntu-za] Standard Bank Business Online

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Fri Feb 12 08:19:42 GMT 2010

Ewald Horn wrote:
> On 12 February 2010 09:24, Johan Mynhardt <johanmynhardt at gmail.com
> <mailto:johanmynhardt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     > have Business Online.  Yesterday "you cost us a lot of money and
>     > business so please stop installing Linux on computers" was added
>     to the
>     > speech at the bank (so much for freedom of choice). Any ideas?
>

> I wonder how much money this particular bank has cost ME due to poor
> service, ignorant personnel and general bad business practices? I've
> lost many a business deal due to bank mistakes "oops, we are sorry,
> pay us some more money to fix our mistake"  like not clearing a cheque
> I deposited because apparently I don't own my business etc.
>
> I like Linux, I use it and it's my choice. If someone has a problem
> with it, they are welcome to use an inferior product :)
>
> Let's keep pushing Linux down their throats until they get the message!

Call them and complain. Ubuntu is not just for hobbiests. Bank customers
also use it. However I suggest you change to an alternative economic
trading system like CES. Then you can give up the insanity of the
Rand-based economic system for an ethical alternative currency like the
Talent. One Rand = One Talent. http://www.ces.org.za/