[ubuntu-za] Are there any problems running Ubuntu on a Intel Quad ?

Ewald Horn ewaldhorn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:28:40 GMT 2010

On 11 February 2010 12:21, Andre Rossouw <andre at arnet.co.za> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 11:43 +0200, Helge Reikeras wrote:
> >
> > Can one actually do this?

Yes, that OEM thing is quite a pain. What I do is I order components and
then build the machine myself. This way I don't pay for ANY Microtos junk
that I don't want.

Now, about the main thread. I run Ubuntu on a rather new dual-core Intel
machine and I've only been having joy with it. I would up the 1gb RAM
though, especially if you are going to do any kind of development work on
it, but other than that, it should be an absolute pleasure to work on.

Best regards
Ewald