[ubuntu-za] Results of Maties Ubuntu Team Leader Election

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:25:19 GMT 2010

Hi all

The result of the Maties Ubuntu Team Leader Election is:

Leader: Helge Reikeras
Co-leader: Rudolf Meijering

The complete report is available at
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-za-maties/+poll/maties-ubuntu-leader-election-2010.

After discussions with Ubuntu-ZA and SULUG we have decided to exist
"downstream" to both; we will contribute as much as possible to both to
avoid dividing already small communities, while giving Ubuntu-ZA a local
presence and campaign to get more "less-technical" Linux users more
involved in SULUG through Ubuntu's "Linux for Human Beings" philosophy.

We have received 100 Ubuntu CDs from Ubuntu ZA to be distrusted on campus
during a soon upcoming event. Any help will be appreciated. More details
will come shortly.

Any ideas and comments are welcome.

Regards,
Helge