[ubuntu-za] Ondersteun Win 2008

Andre Rossouw andre at arnet.co.za
Wed Feb 3 15:35:54 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 14:17 +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> Thanks Andre! It worked! And once again I was pleasently surprised by
> how easy that was!

Glad I could help. I do wish that vinagre (Remote Desktop Viewer) would
support rdesktop.. just so everything is in one place. But for now I'm
happy with good 'ol tsclient.

> I was able to access the Win 2003 server, but the Win 2008 server
> refused, but it is probably a security setting.  I'll go there
> tomorrow
> and check it out.

With Server 2008 you have to enable Remote Desktop connections and
confirm that the exception has been created on the Windows Firewall. If
you enable remote connections from "Advanced Computer Properties" it
should create it - but best to double check.