[ubuntu-za] Nautilus Desktop frozen

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:55:58 GMT 2010

So the error was unrelated, back to square 1. If you can't find any suspect
errors in the logs, then it could be hardware. Run a memory check, its an
option in the grub boot menu (also on the live cd).  See if any failed tests
appear within the same time your system crashes. Or run it over-night.

Also boot the live CD of 8.10 and see if that gives you the same problem. If
it does, then it's probably hardware, otherwise it's a software issue which
we have to track down, not sure how we do that from here. What packages did
you install recently before this all started?