[ubuntu-za] Random freezes

Hendrik van Wyk tonberry at jpmeijers.com
Thu Dec 23 08:54:33 GMT 2010

I hava another possible answer:

On line 701: Dec 22 11:29:48 kolorguild kernel: [    1.373488] r8169
Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded

My motherboard has a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI
Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06) that also uses the r8169
driver by default. This driver seems to have stability issues with rev 6
of this hardware. I installed the drivers from the realtek site:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/DOWNLOADSVIEW.ASPX?LANGID=1&PNID=13&PFID=5&LEVEL=5&CONN=4&DOWNTYPEID=3&GETDOWN=FALSE
<http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/DOWNLOADSVIEW.ASPX?LANGID=1&PNID=13&PFID=5&LEVEL=5&CONN=4&DOWNTYPEID=3&GETDOWN=FALSE>
and that seemed to fix the stability issues. My crashes were more
frequent under heavy network load so you could try to put the network
under strain and see if the pc crashes.

On 22/12/2010 13:08, David Nel wrote:
> Here's the pastebin link - http://pastebin.com/1xSCEigh
>
> On 22 December 2010 13:03, Wesley Werner <wesley.werner at gmail.com
> <mailto:wesley.werner at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM, David Nel
>     <david.uberdiablo at gmail.com <mailto:david.uberdiablo at gmail.com>>
>     wrote:
>     > Nothing jumps out at me specifically. Is there something
>     specific I should be looking for?
>
>     It could relate to anything really, and can't say specifically what
>     the error would look like. Im not clear on the mailing list attachment
>     policy, but you can also paste the text at http://pastebin.com/ and
>     link it for us.
>
>     --

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is