[ubuntu-za] Evolution and keyring

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 07:26:45 GMT 2010

My computer is at the doctor and so i dug my old one out of retirement
at put 10.10 on it. I am very impressed with the performance (as long
as I only do one thing at a time) and love 10.10. When my computer
gets back from the doctor I will certainly upgrade.

But to save installation time I decided to go back to Evolution rather
than use Thunderbird. Evolution still comes out with this exceedingly
annoying, "The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into
your computer" at start up.

There is lots of advice on the web about how to set the keyring
password to nul. But I don't want to do that. That password is there
for a purpose. Instead I want to tell Evolution that it does not need
the keyring because it is not going to use it. (Why would it think
that I am going to use it when I have already told it that I don't
want to use any encryption?) Or alternatively, I want to unlock it
when I log in.

Is this possible? Or is it back to Thunderbird? (I rather like
Evolution's integrated Calendar which is why I am struggling with it).

Bill