[ubuntu-za] blank screen with KVM switch

Gustav H Meyer ghmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:17:16 GMT 2010

Hi Charl,

I've had the same problem before but forgot the details but it was also not
a USB KVM. The basics that you need, if I rememeber correctly, is to get the
EDID values of your monitor with read-edid and set it manually with xrandr
when you connect the device or something like that. You may have to use
google to find the details.

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch#Monitor_DDC.2FEDID

Regards,