[ubuntu-za] kvm autostart

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Thu Dec 2 14:40:26 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 13:12 +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> I have a problem with KVM not autostarting virtual machines.  KVM is
> installed on Ubuntu server edition 10.04 (64-bit).  The vm has been
> set to autostart.  I can also manually start the machine by "virsh
> start xxxx", but when the server reboots the machine won't start up.

I managed to find a patch for this problem from this bug report...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/495394

It requires applying this patch:

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/56819962/libvirt-bin.conf.patch

The problem is caused by libvirtd not waiting for the bridged networking
interfaces to start up, causing vm's not to be started up.

Regards
Charl