[ubuntu-za] Grub error after installing ubuntu on flashdrive

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Tue Aug 10 18:39:45 BST 2010

On 08/10/2010 12:00 PM, Josh Brodrick wrote:

> However, when the computer boots, it does not give me any grub menu or
> anything but simply boots straight into linpus....

It looks like grub was never installed on the flash drive.  Now you have
to insert the flash drive and boot from an Ubuntu Live CD, and repair
and install grub to the flash drive.  If you can do it easily, you can
remove your internal flash drive for this operation to keep from writing
to the wrong drive.

			Lee