[ubuntu-za] Linkbook

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 16:31:52 BST 2010

I am sorry if this has already been discussed - I might have been
asleep when it was. The Linkbook from Vodacom
(http://www.linkbook.co.za) seems to have a bit going for it - but
also a few concerns. It seems like a fairly decent package all in all
assuming that the machine itself is a quality device. I like the fact
that it runs Ubuntu and has the right sort of software loaded (sorry
it does not have Thunderbird). I feel that the data package is a bit
limited (who can survive on 300 megs?) and expensive.

I would be worried that the software is old and I am not sure how
upgradeable it is - also that it does not seem that one can install
anything else on it.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Bill