[ubuntu-za] Sync Evolution with Google Calendar

Josh Brodrick josholikestofly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:16:27 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal-pc.org> wrote:

> On 08/05/2010 09:04 AM, Josh Brodrick wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply! Yes that problem about Evolution not storing
> > calendars for offline use was mentioned quite frequently in the forums.
> > That is one of the reasons that I wanted to ask if anyone had better
> > success with the CalDAV method and storing offline calendars. Hopefully
> > someone can enlighten us :)
>
> We are looking at loosing Exchange and Outlook at work, and the
> Thunderbird / Lightning solutions seems to be more stable.  The only
> problem is finding all the damn Evolution hooks in Ubuntu. (Like that
> useless envelope near the clock!)
>
>                        Lee

I just been looking into Thunderbird / Lightning. I like the way Evolution
integrates nicely with Gnome and has notifications for calendar events and
that little envelope :)
Any idea on any plugins to use for better integration.

Also I already have thunderbird, can I download Lightning from synaptic, or
must I add it as an add-on in thunderbird?

Thanks again!