[ubuntu-za] Permission denied in subfolders

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:58:15 BST 2010

Hi Alf

As you say, this sounds very much like a permission/ownership problem. I
would double-check that all files and sub-folders in /var/www has the same
permissions and ownership as /var/www. On Ubuntu the owner should be
'www-data'. If that doesn't work I would think it is a Apache
configuration problem. Check /var/log/apache2/error.log for clues.

- Helge

--
Helge Reikeras
http://www.google.com/profiles/helge.reikeras