[ubuntu-za] Suggestions please...

michael graaf m_graaf at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:05:31 BST 2010

Hi people

Does anyone have any suggestion: I am wanting to use jGRASP (a Java IDE) in Ubuntu,
but when I start jG, a warning box says "Default system character
encoding uses multi-byte characters or is not one-to-one. Currently jG
CSD Windows can not handle such encodings. ISO8859 (latin-1) encoding will be used. Character display, printing, I/O, and cut-and-past behaviour may not be as expected."

And
indeed, the last sentence comes true. I had all my code in .txt files
and when pasting into jG, it is displayed okay, but when compiled,
gives error messages such as ' ";" expected' - when in fact, there is a ";"

Thanks

Michael Graaf