[ubuntu-za] Computer Tutorials

Jason Plank plank.jason at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 13:57:11 BST 2009

Hi. Maybe you can look at open icdl. From what i recall you can
download the courseware for free and it's pretty good for the basics.
If i recall it also has a module on basic pc operation with ubuntu

On 9/18/09, Charl Wentzel <charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> In the spirit of software freedom day I'm installing Ubuntu for a friend
> of mine.  He barely knows how to turn on a computer and his kids are not
> computer wizzards either.  To the extent that I had to explain to them
> that "right-click" means using the button on the right side and not
> clicking on the right side of the screen.  I think someone donated the
> PC to them (with Windows on it).
>
> Hoping any of you have a good basic computer literacy tutorial that I
> can install for them to help them get going.
>
> Charl

Sent from my mobile device

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor.