[ubuntu-za] New PC

Ludolph ludolph at openhazel.co.za
Wed Sep 16 09:46:57 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Andre Hugo <cortexhugo at mac.com> wrote:
> Could you guys give me guidance on what motherboards and video card
> (Available in RSA) to use that will support Compiz.

It depends, will you be playing games on the machine or do you only
want the compiz desktop effects?

Because if your happy with only the compiz desktop effects I will
recommend you get one of the Intel Motherboards with a Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator and try that. Make sure the Motherboard have a PCI
Express slot so that you can always upgrade to a better ATI graphics
card, if needed.

So in short my recommendation would be a:

Intel Motherboard with a ATI Video Card.

Regards,