[ubuntu-za] BURNING A GPARTED LIVE CD(SOLVED)

vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Tue Sep 8 06:22:37 BST 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 16:03:57 William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> If you still want to use Brasero, then
>
> Click on "Burn Image" on the left
>
> Click on "Click here to select an image"
>
> locate your image
>
> You need to have the blank already in the drive
>
> Click Burn, now wait until CD/DVD is burned
>
> Now try booting from it
>
> I also think that if the ISO is for a CD then use a CD, not a DVD
>
> I use both K3b and Gnomebaker, but have tried Brasero
>
> William
> From: ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
> [ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Vincent Williams
> [vincent at capeflats.org.za] Sent: 31 August 2009 15:36
> To: vincent
> Cc: Ubuntu South African Local Community
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] BURNING A GPARTED LIVE CD
>
> On Monday 31 August 2009 15:08:18 vincent wrote:
> > To answer your first question, yes, I burnt it to a DVD. It would seem as
> > if I've copied the iso image, because when I try & open the DVD, it keeps
> > opening Brasero in order to burn the image.
> > There are no files to open on the disk. How do I go about doing this
> > correctly?
>
> It does look like you copied to .iso file to the DVD. What you need to do
> is to burn the image file to a DVD.
>
> I use Kubuntu/K3b and it has an option to 'Burn DVD ISO image'. There
> should be a similar option in Brasero - you will need to specify the
> location of the iso file (where you saved it after downloading) and you
> will need a blank DVD.
>
> Regards,
> Vincent

> "This e-mail is subject to our Disclaimer, to view click
> http://www.dut.ac.za"

Hi All,

This is just an update on my problem & a big thank you to all the kind folk
who gave me help & advice.

It appears that my original download of the gparted file was incomplete & on
downloading again yesterday a full 100MB file was received instead of the
original 95MB. Obviously vital missing files stopped the burning operation.

Brassero kept telling me that the checksums did not match & in my ignorance I
didn't realize what this meant. However, on using K3B, it spoke to me in
simple language that I understood & the penny dropped. hence the new download
& a perfect live CD burnt.

Once again, thanks for all the help!
Vince