[ubuntu-za] kde libraries

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sat Sep 5 17:20:40 BST 2009

Bill Cairns wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> Update manager wants me to install 15 megs of KDE library updates. Do
> I really want to do that?
>
> As far as I know, I am not running any KDE applications. Perhaps there
> is something I have installed that uses KDE libraries, but I doubt it.

Run Syanptic and go to the status button and pick "installed
(upgradeable)".  Select one of the questionable kde libraries for
uninstallation.  It will also mark everything that depends on that
library.  Look at the list for the application you forgot about... :)
If you no longer need it, take them out.

			Lee