[ubuntu-za] BURNING A GPARTED LIVE CD

Vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Wed Sep 2 08:20:05 BST 2009

wayne wrote:
> vincent wrote:
>
>> On Monday 31 August 2009 16:03:57 William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Vincent,
>>>
>>> If you still want to use Brasero, then
>>>
>>> Click on "Burn Image" on the left
>>>
>>> Click on "Click here to select an image"
>>>
>>> locate your image
>>>
>>> You need to have the blank already in the drive
>>>
>>> Click Burn, now wait until CD/DVD is burned
>>>
>>> Now try booting from it
>>>
>>> I also think that if the ISO is for a CD then use a CD, not a DVD
>>>
>>> I use both K3b and Gnomebaker, but have tried Brasero
>>>
>>> William
>>>
>>> It does look like you copied to .iso file to the DVD. What you need to do
>>> is to burn the image file to a DVD.
>>>
>>> I use Kubuntu/K3b and it has an option to 'Burn DVD ISO image'. There
>>> should be a similar option in Brasero - you will need to specify the
>>> location of the iso file (where you saved it after downloading) and you
>>> will need a blank DVD.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Vincent
>>>
>> Hi Vincent(nice name) & William,
>>
>> I'll use k3b to do as you suggest, as well as get a cd+/-rw disk, as you
>> suggested, unfortunately I have to be out of town on business until Friday,
>> so will only be able to try & sort this out then, but I'll keep you posted.
>> Thanks sincerely for your help.
>> Vince
>>

> U don't need to download another 150 Meg to get K working, just double
> click the downloaded file and A Brassero dialoque will open and ask to
> burn to disk, BTW Gparted is a cd Iso,
>
> Or , right click the file and and select burn to disk.
>
> Wayne A

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the advice. I've got both K3B & Brassero on the system(I
needed K3 for an earlier project that Brassero seemed to be struggling
with, although this more than likely was my ignorance again) so
downloading isn't necessary. I'll get a cd to burn as opposed to the DVD
I've used & see how it goes.

Regards
Vincent