[ubuntu-za] Web development

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Fri Oct 30 06:59:52 GMT 2009

Hi Guys

I just need to vent for a second, so I appologies if this is uncalled
for...

I've been working on a web framework for database applications for the
last 18 months and I constantly run into the same problem over and over!
When I test the application I test it in 2 different browsers in Linux,
and three different browsers in Windows.

Why is it that that the site works perfectly in all browsers but one!
The same code works in every other browser without modification, but I
regularly have to make special modifications for only one of them!!!  Do
I even have to say which one?

Just as you finish a phase, you have to go back, make modifications and
retest, and it often adds 10% additional time to the development...

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10... Ok, I feel beter, now.

Charl