[ubuntu-za] Karma vs Windows 7

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Sun Oct 25 12:30:45 GMT 2009

Windows 7 to tell the truth doesn't look like much of an advance when
compared to the latest Ubuntu desktop. Problem, is a lot of people will
be confronted with the inevitable - Should we upgrade? - issue. So my
question to the Ubuntu community is how can we generate some guerrilla
advertising to promote Ubuntu as a contender in the upgrade battle?

Is it too late to make an appeal for home-made "I love Ubuntu" videos? I
know linux foundation had a competition earlier this year, and it would
be nice to see some advert slots out there, instead of overly complex,
preaching to the converted press releases touting the geekier element.

Love, Live, Ubuntu

Perhaps a local ZA-Ubuntu competition?

First prize, dinner with Jonathan Carter, hahaha, sorry Jonothan.

Suggestions?

=DRL