[ubuntu-za] Karmic Release Party (Gauteng)

Walter Leibbrandt walter+ubuntuza at translate.org.za
Fri Oct 23 16:29:01 BST 2009

Op 23/10/2009 16:31, Lee Sharp het geskryf:
> Walter Leibbrandt wrote:
>> Op 21/10/2009 15:11, Walter Leibbrandt het geskryf:
>>> Ross, do you have the means to obtain the repository for us?
>>>
>>> Anyone else?
>> I keep forgetting that I have access to TENET via Tuks, so I'll organise
>> a debmirror of the Karmic repository at that point and also copy as many
>> of the ISOs as I can.
>>
>> Is there any reason to bring the debmirrors and/or ISOs of previous
>> versions along?
>
> How do you copy down an entire repo?  And how much space does it take?
> Just in case I ever have both the ability and the desire at the same
> time? :)
 From my limited knowledge it is debmirror that allows you to
effectively create a mirror repository on your local machine, from which
you can then install your software.

At the last release party Jonathan brought with him the repositories for
hardy, intrepid, jaunty, jaunty-backports, jaunty-security and
jaunty-updates. It totals about 53GB. I have it on good authority that
the Karmic repo alone is about 30GB, but I haven't checked myself.
--
Walter Leibbrandt                  Software Developer
Recent blogs: