[ubuntu-za] Network Manager Ubuntu 9.10

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:21:27 BST 2009

Hello,

1) How did you install 9.10?
2) This may be a silly question, but did you reboot completely after
you upgraded?  Sometimes weird things happen because there are
leftover running processes from old versions of applications.
3) How did you remove network-manager / try installing wicd / try
reinstalling network-manager?  Are you using the graphical package
manager (Synaptic)?  You may get more helpful / verbose output if you
try it with a command-line tool (apt-get or aptitude) instead.

Please post the specific errors you get when you try to install wicd
and reinstall network-manager; we may be able to help you resolve
them.

--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face."