[ubuntu-za] 3G modem

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Tue Oct 6 16:38:14 BST 2009

> Firstly it requires another server to act as the tunnel endpoint, and it
> introduces more parts which can fail. It will also increase the latency, and
> uses extra bandwith at the tunnel endpoint.
thanks for the info. But I would rather have the disadvantages above
than be port knocked on a 3g modem connection on the unrestricted apn.
My needs are such that I trigger connection to my hosting server on
event or when I send a request - occasional use rather than constant.

I totally agree. Do you mind sharing how you trigger the connection? It might be usefull to my application as well.