[ubuntu-za] 3G modem

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Tue Oct 6 15:19:30 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 14:20 +0200, Michael Gorven wrote:
> The other approach is to
> use a reverse SSH tunnel as Sudhashen mentioned, but I would avoid that if
> possible.

Sorry, I didn't read your message properly, but it does offer quite a
good solution.

If I understand it correctly, I would create a reverse ssh tunnel from
each of the remote machines and connect their http ports (80) via the
ssh tunnel to different ports on a central server.  Then I could then
access the remote webservers on the various reverse ports on the central
server.

Obviously I would need a cron script on each of the remote machines to
manage the connection and to ensure it stays up.

This sounds like a good solutions.  Why should I avoid it?

Regards
Charl