[ubuntu-za] 3G modem

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Tue Oct 6 14:29:37 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 12:16 +0000, Sudhashen Naicker wrote:
> Howzit
>
> I've use a vodacom 3g modem successfully and used reverse ssh to access it remotely. What model modem u using?

I'm using a K3565-Z.  The vodafone driver detected and identified it
successfully... initially, but refused to connect to the 3G network.
After that the 3G modem failed to connect to the cellphone network
completely, i.e. the LED just keeps flickering orange and the software
just hangs.

I have a suspicion that the modem might actually be busted.  I'll have
to do the dreaded thing and boot into Windows to see if I can revive it
from there.

Regards
Charl