[ubuntu-za] OSMO

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:33:42 GMT 2009

Am I trying to do the impossible or the undesirable?

i would like to install Osmo - I have played with it on Puppy and
think it is a nice little package.

However I am running 08.04 LTS and it seems that OSMO only appears in
the repositories for Karmic.

I downloaded the Karmic package anyway and tried to install it - but I
get the message:

Error: dependency is not satisfiable: libgtk2.0-0 from the package installer.

Of course, libgtk2.0--0 is installed - version 12.2.9-3 Ubuntu5. I
presume that is an older and incompatible version?

Should I just wait until I install the newest version of Ubuntu - I
will upgrade in April? Or is there another way of installing Osmo -
from the tar ball perhaps? (I try to avoid doing things like that!)

Bill